Dongrui Wu (IEEE Fellow) received a B.E in Automatic Control from the University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei, China, in 2003, an M.Eng in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the National University of Singapore in 2006, and a PhD in Electrical Engineering from the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, in 2009. He is now Professor and Deputy Director of the Key Laboratory of the Ministry of Education for Image Processing and Intelligent Control, School of Artificial Intelligence and Automation, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China.
Prof. Wu’s research interests include brain-computer interface, machine learning, computational intelligence, and affective computing. He has more than 200 publications (11000+ Google Scholar citations; h=54). He received the IEEE Computational Intelligence Society (CIS) Outstanding PhD Dissertation Award in 2012, the IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems Outstanding Paper Award in 2014, the IEEE Systems, Man and Cybernetics (SMC) Society Early Career Award in 2017, the USERN Prize in Formal Sciences in 2020, the IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering Best Paper Award in 2021, the Chinese Association of Automation Early Career Award in 2021, and the Ministry of Education Young Scientist Award in 2022. His team won the First Prize of the China Brain-Computer Interface Competition in four successive years (2019-2022). Prof. Wu is the Editor-in-Chief of IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems.
- Xiao Zhang, Epoch-wise Double Decent on Generalization Error of DNNs, M.Sc, 2018-2021. First job: ByteDance
- He He, Transfer Learning in Brain-Computer Interfaces, Ph.D, 2016-2020. First job: Huawei
- Zihan Liu, Universal Adversarial Perturbations for CNN Classifiers in EEG-Based BCIs, M.Sc, 2017-2020. First job: Tencent
- Yang Wang, Deep Learning based Medical Image Classification, M.Sc, 2017-2020. First job: Microsoft
- Xianfeng Tan, Multi-Tasking Evolutionary Algorithms for Continuous Optimization, M.Eng, 2017-2019. First job: Horizon Robotics
- Zhikang Song, Theoretical Analysis and Simulation Study on the Control Performance of Type-2 Fuzzy Controllers, M.Eng, 2016-2018. First job: ZTE